Monday, August 27, 2007

A Good Monday

I'm going to keep working on the retrospect, but, I thought I should start giving you daily updates.

Tomorrow is two weeks since the procedure. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. Since my job can be as much sitting down as I want it to be, I think it will be ok. I just have to find out and see. I really getting bored at home, I guess I'm not a slug. I thought I'd be reading and knitting and having all sorts of fun, but, it just doesn't feel right. Actually, for most of the time, I haven't really been able to concentrate on more than TV and naps. The fact that it rained for 7 straight days doesn't help either.

Anyhow...

I was pretty active this weekend. I watched Sara mow the hayfield that should be our lawn on Saturday morning (usually my job, she hates doing this and I feel bad that she has to). Then we cleaned (I did all of my share, thank you). That tired me out and I napped for about an hour. We had a corn roast to go to in the afternoon, my first real outing besides a store or Starbucks. It was great to see people and they seemed happy to see me up and about. After that I made my first trek to the grocery store. That pretty much finished me for the day.

Yesterday, I went to church. I never realized how tiring that is. It seemed two hours long. Sara varified that it was only an hour. Part of the problem might have been the squirmy kids in front of me. That always drives me crazy. Anyhow, a trip to Target was pretty much all I could deal with after that. But, it was a beautiful day, so while Sara and Kyle were out buying the parts for the last details of the fence, I sat a lawn chair in our newly fenced yard and read and knit. Jeffy came out and joined me and purred and asked for pets. I felt really guilty sitting there while they worked. The fence is a wonderful thing, but, my plan to do it before the surgery was probably bad strategy, since I was totally useless. Sara did laundry for me last night. Since our washer/dryer are in the basement, I'm still a little reluctant to climb the steps a lot. I vow I am going to be doing that soon.

I slept well last night. I'm still having night sweats, but, I think that's my hormones and nothing else. I was having them before I was taking progesterone, so now that I'm off that, I think my natural cycles are kicking in and peri-menipause symptoms are once again in control instead of the evil bumps.

When I got up, Sara was still home. I told her I would pick her up for break and drive to Starbucks. I ate breakfast, took a shower, got dressed and was ready to go by 9:30. And I wasn't whipped out! What a concept. It was raining buckets, but, we spent a nice break having our coffee and ol' DPN girl working on her sock. After I dropped Sara off from work, I was a little tired, so I sat down for a little while. But I didn't fall asleep. I eventually did the dishes. After I ate lunch, I spent the afternoon catching up on my work email and doing the reports for the Labor Council meeting tomorrow night. I also printed posters for the Labor Day Picnic. I decided at 3pm that perhaps it was time for a nap and Advil. I hadn't had any Advil since 8am this morning and the pain wasn't bad. I took a nap and was woke up at 4pm by my new OB/GYN's office. I have an appointment scheduled for next Wednesday with my new female doctor. Yippee. I hope she is as good as her discription sounds.

At 4:45 I had an appointment to have my hair done, the grey is all gone! I figured it wasn't a big deal while I was just slugging around at home.

When I got home, I ate supper and decided to read the blogs and work on mine. I'm really trying hard to not nap at night, since I don't want to have trouble sleeping, despite the drenching night sweats.

Oh ya, I think I had my period! I'm not sure because my body has been so goofy. However, late last week and this weekend, the "stuff" coming out was a little (just a little) heavier then what it had been. When I went back to my old calendar where I kept track (before the evil progesterone), I counted it out, and if my body is trying to follow it's old schedule, it would have been late last week. If that's what it's going to be like from now on, can I say thank you to the inventor and those who do UFE's.

So, tomorrow it's back to work....four hours, 10am to 2pm. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: