Saturday, September 8, 2007

Lazy Saturday

It's a lazy Saturday afternoon. Sara is out shopping. She had a lot of places she was going, so I choose not to go along.

First, the report from my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. At this point, she said everything looked good. She did a pelvic exam (owie!), guess I'm still a little tender down there. We scheduled an ultrasound for 6 months down to see how things were going. She's having some of the discharge tested, no calls so far. She didn't think there was a problem, said that since I wasn't running a fever, she didn't expect any infection. I asked how long the discharge will last. Basically, it varies and depends on the person and size of the fibroids. She asked about periods. We talked and she said that if I didn't have any thing in two months, I should followup on that. Otherwise, I pretty much got a clean bill of health.

Oh ya, the weight. According to their scale, 13 pounds. Now tell me, do you normall go down 2 clothing sizes when you loose 13 pounds. Something is amiss here.

So, Wednesday night, when we were knitting, Sara told me that we had to stay home on Thurday night (there was someplace I was thinking about going). She said she had bought two new chairs for our living room. One for me (an early birthday present) that is huge! It's been dubbed the healing chair. I can curl up, lay in it, sit however I want. It has an equally huge ottoman. She bought herself a lazyboy (girl) recliner. She had decided while I was sick that our furniture, other than our sofa and the chair Jeffy sleeps in were in bad shape. Neither of the old chairs is with us any longer and our living room is comfy, comfy.

I've felt pretty good the past few days. When the Advil starts wearing off every 6 hours, I have some aching, but, otherwise, my energy is coming back. This morning I washed my bedding, helped Sara mow the grass and did a few other things outside. Using the lawnmower was much better this week. The only thing I have to remember is not to use my stomach and lower body as much as usualy. I'm thinking next week I may be able to do half the lawn.

After all that, I did take a nap but only a short one. We'll see how tired I am tonight.

Oh ya, yesterday I went down to Madison for a meeting. I didn't have to drive, that's still coming late in the month. I was tired when I got home at 3;30, but, what else is new. Gave me a chance to nap in my big new chairWonder how long it will take for that all to stop. In the meantime, what's wrong with a nap?

I still have to decide how long I'm going to work next week each day. I think I'm just going to see how it goes. I know once I hit 2pm or 3pm, right now, I start winding down, and everyone notices. We'll just have to see.

It is amazing when you start waking up in the morning an feeling pretty normal...and that is what is starting to happen. That's surely not a bad thing. Hope everything else keeps going well too.

Happy rest of the weekend! I'm going outside to help Sara with the some last details on the fence.

No comments: